QLD Warning Severe Thunderstorm Warning for parts of Gulf Country and North West Forecast Districts.
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in parts of Gulf Country and North West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:47 pm Tuesday, 12 December 2017.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Burketown, Doomadgee, Kamilaroi Station, Augustus Downs Station, Iffley and Lawn Hill.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:50 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.