NT Warning Severe Thunderstorm Warning for parts of Carpentaria and Barkly districts.
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in parts of Carpentaria and Barkly districts.
Issued at 12:33 pm Tuesday, 12 December 2017.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Borroloola, McArthur River, Wollogorang, Mallapunyah and Carpentaria District .
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au
The next warning is due to be issued by 3:35 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 214. The Bureau and Northern Territory Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.